The Students' Union provides a free, independent, confidential and impartial advice service to all students of the University of Worcester. This includes students studying at partner colleges.
The service can arrange for a representative to accompany students to meetings related to appeals, complaints, plagiarism, university disciplinaries, fitness to practice or any other university meeting where a student feels they would like support and representation.
Make an appointment
The easiest way to make an appointment is to complete this short, confidential online Advice Enquiry Form which will then be sent straight to our Advisors. You will then receive a direct booking link, giving you the choice of in-person, telephone or MS Teams appointments.
You can also:
- Telephone 01905 543210
- Email email@example.com
- Drop into the Students' Union Welcome Desk, St John's Campus
When can I see an Advisor?
Monday to Friday: 09:30 - 17:00
Appointments on Mondays in term time are available until 18:00.
You will be able to choose an appointment at a time and format to suit you.
The Help & Advice Service will endeavor to make reasonable adjustments for students using our Service. THese might include, but are not limited to:
- We can offer a choice of appointment formats, locations and/or times to suit student's needs.
This includes MS Teams, telephone and face-to-face appointments.
- We have step-free access to our appointment room.
For information on our Accessible Campus please see www.accessable.co.uk/university-of-worcester
- Students may be accompanied to appointments by a friend, a fellow student or family member.
- We can provide information in a range of formats on request.
What can I expect from an appointment with the H&A Service?
- Upon completion of the Confidential Initial Enquiry Form you will be directed to the relevant Advisor and you will be sent an MS Bookings link to book an appointment on a day and time that suits you.
- Appointments are available via MS Teams, telephone call or in person (in the confidential Student Advice Office in the SU). You can select whichever you find most convenient.
- The H&A Service does not operate on a walk up or drop in basis. Appointments can be booked through the Initial Enquiry Form.
- Your Advisor will:
Give you an opportunity to briefly explain your situation and how you would like the H&A Service to support you.
Identify appropriate options available to you, sharing resources and referral information where possible.
Explain relevant University processes and support you to navigate them.
- In most instances, your Advisor will not act on your behalf. Our priority is supporting students to make well-informed decisions, including accessing specialist support as appropriate.
- If you are making an appointment for advice regarding suspected academic misconduct or academic integrity proceedings, you may be asked to share your referral and/or similarity reports prior to your appointment to allow your Advisor to share more tailored advice with you.
The Advice Service offers a confidential service - nothing you tell us will be shared with any other organisation or individual without your permission.
There are rare occasions where a breach of confidentiality may be deemed necessary. These are detailed within our Confidentiality Policy. If a decision is made to breach confidentiality the client will be informed before any action is taken by the Advice Service.
Advice and support is offered to all regardless of religion, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
Every effort has been made to ensure that all information contained on the Help & Advice web pages is both current and accurate. However, information within these pages is subject to change without prior notice.
Please seek professional guidance for the latest information. Any advice given by members of staff is based on the information available and to the best of their knowledge. No liability can be accepted for any errors or misleading information.
The advice service is a member of AdviceUK and the NHAS (National Homelessness Advice Service)