Students are a great addition to your team and continually demonstrate their dedication and enthusiasm for good. If you're in need of help finding volunteers for a position then you can register with Worcester Students' Union Volunteering.
Register with Worcester SU Volunteering
Please take some time before registering as an organisation to read over our Terms & Conditions.
Before we can approve you as a volunteering provider with WSU you must read and agree to our Provider Service Level Agreement
To complete you will need:
- Public Liability Insurance no. and document
- Employers Liability Insurance no. and document
- Health and Safety Policy
By registering with Worcester Students' Union you agree to our Terms & Conditions
Below you will find a handy guide on how to upload opportunities and navigating our website. Any questions or concerns around registering you can email SUVolunteering@worc.ac.uk
If you've forgotten your password or can't rember your log in details then drop SUVolunteering@worc.ac.uk an email with the name of your organisation and we'll let you know your details/reset your password.
Promoting your opportunities and projects
By promoting your voluntary opportunities through Worcester Students' Union we can help you find excellent students to support your work
Worcester Students' Union will promote opportunities for free from any voluntary sector organisation - we already work with dozens of providers. We operate as a free service on the basis that we can collect stats about how many students are able to find opportunities and gather feedback about the service we provide. So we will contact you every so often to find out how recruitment has gone and how we can support you further.
We may also be able to offer you the following (dependant upon availability and resources)
- If we have space, place posters in our SU building (please only send us A4 or A3 portrait posters)
- Offer you space to have a stall in the SU building to promote your organisation and volunteering opportunities - contact us for more information
- Invite you to attend our Freshers' Fair in September to promote your volunteering opportunities
Who are our Volunteers?
Our volunteers are students of the University of Worcester; they come from a wide variety of backgrounds and courses and can bring innovation, skills and enthusiasm to an organisation. We have many undergraduates aged between 18 and 23, but we also have many mature students, as well as International students from all over the world
Students might volunteer for a number of reasons:
- To use their time and skills to benefit local causes
- To have fun and meet people
- To improve their CVs
- To gain work experience
- To improve key/transferable skills (time management, interpersonal skills, etc)
- To continue or further a particular interest
Our students are available at any time of year but the best time for recruitment and when students will mostly be available is during term time, this runs from September - December and January-May.