Promoting your opportunities and projects
If you're in need of help finding volunteers for a position and want help accessing a membership of over 10,000 students, than look no further. By promoting your voluntary opportunities through Worcester Students' Union we can help you find excellent students to support your work
Worcester Students' Union will promote opportunities for free from any voluntary sector organisation - we already work with dozens of providers. Register for a provider account to join us...
Register with WorcSU Volunteering
How else can we help?
We may also be able to offer you the following (dependant upon availability and resources)
- If we have space place posters in our SU building (please send us A4 or A3 portrait poster if possible)
- Offer you space to have a stall in the SU building to promote your organisation and volunteering opportunities - contact us for more information
- Invite you to attend our Freshers' Fair in September to promote your volunteering opportunities
Who are our Volunteers?
Our volunteers are students of the University of Worcester; they come from a wide variety of backgrounds and courses and can bring innovation, skills and enthusiasm to an organisation. We have many undergraduates aged between 18 and 23, but we also have many mature students, as well as International students from all over the world
Students might volunteer for a number of reasons:
- To use their time and skills to benefit local causes
- To have fun and meet people
- To improve their CVs
- To gain work experience
- To improve key/transferable skills (time management, interpersonal skills, etc)
- To continue or further a particular interest
Students generally go home during vacation times (at Christmas, Easter and summer). This must be taken into account when considering the jobs a volunteer can do
You should bear in mind that activity will drop off after April because of exams and summer holidays