About the Students' Union
Worcester Students’ Union is an independent charity, devoted to the educational interests and welfare of all students studying at the University of Worcester.
Students are ultimately at the heart of our ambitious strategy with our aims focused on:
- Promoting the interests and welfare of students and representing, supporting and advising students
- Being the recognised representative channel between students, the University and any other external bodies
- Providing social, culture, sporting and recreational activities and forums for discussions and debate for the personal development of students
Whether you're thinking of the next big event for the bar, organising our latest charity fundraiser, or making sure students vote in the elections, everyone has an important part to play in this welcoming and diverse organisation.
Click here to take the first step towards joining our team.
Want to find out more about who works at Worcester SU? Click here to meet the team.
What's in it for you?
Personal Development - In order to allow you to succeed in your role, we provide the necessary support and training for you. We also get our staff to set themselves challenging objectives to help them achieve the things they're passionate about. We reward and recognise staff (core staff and student staff) who have done excellent work in a personalised way and we encourage staff to get involved in projects or working groups outside of their normal remit. We are a relatively small team and staff gain genuine satisfaction from helping each other out. SUs are fast-paced, dynamic environments and the personal development staff receive from working in this unique sector is plentiful.
'Worc Hard, Play Hard' - SUs require a certain type of person who is not afraid to go that extra mile as students aren’t 9-5 people! Work can sometimes be demanding, especially during busy periods such as Welcome Festival, Elections and Varsity, so we have a flexible approach to working hours. We do, however, like to kick back and have a good time. Throughout the year, we have plenty of fun activities for staff to take part in, such as recreational sporting events, Friday drinks, our annual Christmas meal and an end of year celebration (to which we also invite our student staff). It is important that we love what we do and have fun as that way we will live our values and provide the best service to our members.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Life cover as part of our organisations' insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted campus gym facilities
- Bike share scheme
- Free sight test every few years
- On-campus childcare facilities (subject to availability)
- Flexible working options
- Enhanced maternity leave
Special offers and discounts - As a Students’ Union staff member, you can take advantage of all of the great student offers and discounts provided by the NUS Totum card.