We're Recruiting: Students' Union 'Support' Crew
It’s that time of year again where we are recruiting returning students for our Welcome Week Volunteers but with a slight difference. We are giving students the opportunity to be a part of the Students’ Union as a volunteer during all our key events throughout the year, starting with Welcome Week 2017.
This year we have renamed our Volunteers to SU ‘Support’ Crew.
As an SU Support Crew Member for Welcome Week you will be there to:
- Provide a friendly, reassuring and knowledgeable welcome to new students as they arrive on move-in weekend, assist during Welcome Week events and both Fresher’s’ Fayre and Sports and Activities Fair
- Provide any information they might need during Welcome Week, answering any questions new students have about university life and advise them on where they can access services and support.
- Help them to settle in, find their way around campuses & the local area and get involved in Students’ Union activities & events.
- Be ambassadors for the Students’ Union and signpost students to all of the services we provide. You will be acting as a link between the SU and the new students during Welcome Week
- Encourage everyone to get involved, make friends, have fun and (most importantly) stay safe.
- You will work as a team and should be alert to any problems that new students commonly experience and be aware of where they can go to get help and advice. You will be expected to provide clear and concise information, not advice or counselling.
This is your chance to join us at the Students’ Union having a great time and becoming an integral part of #TeamWorc throughout the academic year.
The events and activities you as students we will ask for you to be a part of will be some of our busiest periods, including Welcome Week. Therefore we are looking for Volunteers to be a part of our Students’ Union ‘Support’ Crew who will be proactive, display initiative and be hard working.
We are looking for students who are:
- Confident with their communication skills
- Great at problem solving
- Good with time management.
- Knowledgeable about the University of Worcester and the Students’ Union
We train all of our volunteers to undertake the roles, so prior experience isn’t necessary but very welcome.
What's in it for me?
Our volunteers can expect to gain many skills as SU Crew such as improved communication and confidence. You will get experience in team-work and independent initiative, as well as knowing that you can make a real difference to the experience of students.
Also, all of the hours spent as SU Crew volunteer can be logged on your V-Record, all these add to one of the SU recognition awards. When you reach 50 hours plus of volunteering hours, these will be recognised on your Higher Education Achievement Record.
Applications from students to be a part our Students' Union Support Crew are now open and will close on Monday 7th August.
To apply simply fill out this form.