Student Trustees are vital for us to make sure we remain true to our charitable objectives and give you the best possible experience during your time at university.
The Students' Union has a Board of Trustees that is responsible for our management and making sure we stick to our charitable aims. We're currently looking for University of Worcester students to sit on the board as Student Trustees and help us give Worcester students the best possible experience during their time at university.
Why become a Student Trustee?
Becoming a Student Trustee is your opportunity to gain fantastic skills and experience. You will be at the centre of decision-making within WSU with the ability to:
- Develop valuable skills for your future career
- Learn about managing finances, people, and strategy
- Gain valuable experience of the charity sector
- Gain experience of working within a professional environment and a board setting
- Make a huge difference to the organisation by giving input into key decisions on the future of WSU
- Enhance the University experience of the 10,000 students WSU represents
- Develop networking skills and work with individuals from a wide range of professionals
How do I apply?
All you need to do is head over the About Us section of the SU website and view our current vacancies. You'll be able to download an information pack, with loads of details about the Trustee role and what it entails, as well as an application pack. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Trustees must be registered students at the University of Worcester and may not remain Trustees when they cease to be registered students. Employees of WSU (other than Sabbatical Officers) may not be Student Trustees. Student Trustees will be appointed for a period of up to two years, depending on the period for which they are registered a student.