Help & Advice

Providing independent, confidential, and impartial advice to all University of Worcester students

Quick Links 

Counselling & Mental Health
Domestic Abuse
Eating Disorders
Health and Medical Information
Help with Healthcare Costs
Suicide Support

Counselling and Mental Health

Please see our separate pages Click here

Back to top

Domestic Abuse

Victim Support

West Mercia Women's Aid Support and advice for those suffering domestic violence

Women's Aid is a national domestic violence charity that helps up to 250,000 women and children every year. They work to end violence against women and children, and support over 500 domestic and sexual violence services across the country.

West Mercia Rape & Sexual Abuse Support Centre (WMRSASC) is a free, confidential, and non-judgmental service run by women for women who have experienced rape, assault, incest, sexual abuse, sexual harassment or any form of sexual attack, whether physical, verbal or emotional.

Men's Advice Line The Men's Advice Line is a confidential helpine for all men who are experiencing violence from their partners or ex-partners, this includes men in same sex relationships.

Shelter For urgent housing advice contact the housing and homelessness charity.

Back to top

Eating Disorders

BEAT - Beating Eating Disorders A charity for people with eating disorders. They offer professional help, message boards and a helpline for sufferer and their families.

Back to top


Worcester Gay Men's Health Project promotes safer sex in the gay community by increasing knowledge and awareness levels, increasing mens confidence and self esteem and through giving access to treatment care and prevention services.

  • Telephone: 01905 681 751 

Lesbian and Gay Switchboard London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard (LLGS) provides an information, support and referral service for lesbians, gay men, bisexual, trans people and anyone who needs to consider issues around their sexuality. All volunteers identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual, so you know that the person answering the telephone will have an understanding of your situation.

  • Telephone: 020 7837 7324

Stonewall support individuals to work out how they can make a difference for LGBT people at work, home and in their communities.

Transgender - Signposting Support from Students

Back to top

Health & Medical Information

Worcestershire Royal Hospital (Including Accident and Emergency)

  • Address: Charles Hastings Way, Newtown Road, Worcester, WR1 1DD
  • Telephone: 01905 763 333


  • The Dental Access Centre: 01905 681796 (out of hours 01905 724633)
  • Address: 91 Lowesmoor, Worcester
    Open 7 days a week
    This service is operated on a first come first served system, but it is also occasionally possible to fit in emergency patients at other times if they contact the clinic.

Find a local NHS Dentist - they are available! 

Doctor - Worcestershire Out of Hours GP Service

Local GP Information - for more GPs See NHS Website

NHS 111

You should call the NHS 111 service if you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency.

You will be assessed, given advice and directed straight away to the local service that can help you best. Calls to NHS 111 are free from landlines and mobile phones.

Is A&E for me? For information about NHS health services available in Worcestershire
Also available on the Google play and App Store


Back to top

Help With Health Costs

Help with Health Costs (pick up a form from Firstpoint in Peirson )

Students may be eligible for help with health costs under the NHS Low Income Scheme (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).

See the NHS website for further information

Back to top


Back to top

Suicide Support