Candidate for the position of Sustainability Officer
Who I am?
I am Connor Egan, a third year Physical geography student. In the past I volunteered for Sustainability Officer, Course Representative and Go Green Week. Worcester is a city, which aims to work towards sustainable development and I want students to be aware of how they can contribute to sustainable development at the University of Worcester.
Why vote for me?
I will ensure sustainability is promoted throughout the university and I will represent the students, ensuring that they live on a sustainable campus throughout their degree. I already have experience of working with the Student’s Union and I have people’s sustainable views with me. With your opinions I can continue to make the university a more sustainable place for all students.
What I hope to achieve
· I have a range of ideas on how I will fulfil my role:
· Bring an awareness of sustainability to students through events, such as Go Green Week.
· Promote the views of students and staff on sustainability through the Student’s Union.
· Ensure all campuses are made sustainable for all, through campaigns that I will carry out including a No Plastics campaign.
· I will also encourage students to take part in dealing with important issues including energy, re-usage and recycling. This will help students gain a better understanding of how you they can contribute to sustainable development.