Help & Advice

Providing independent, confidential, and impartial advice to all University of Worcester students

We understand that landlords sometimes worry about their tenants' welfare, and aren't always sure how best to support them. Below is some information about where your tenants can get support.

My tenant says they can’t afford to pay the rent... 

The Money Advice Team provides students and potential students with financial advice and support. They can check a student is getting all the correct student finance as well as give budgeting advice.

If a student is in financial hardship they can apply to the Access to Learning Fund (ALF). This is a nonrepayable grant administered by the University of Worcester to help eligible students who are experiencing financial difficulties. Find out more:

The University also has a Careers & Employability Service that develops and supports students’ employability skills, promoting part time and full time jobs suitable for both current students and recent graduates. Find out more: 

My tenants don’t get along... 

The Student Support and Wellbeing Team contributes to the development of an inclusive and supportive University community, and their aim is to help students achieve a positive, fulfilling and enriching experience.

The Student Support Advisers provide a confidential support service on a broad range of pastoral and welfare issues and are happy to meet with students about any concerns that are affecting their time at the University of Worcester. They can be reached by email on

One of my tenants wants to leave their contract early...

The Students’ Union Advice Service offers free, independent and confidential help and advice. The Advice Service can help students with any issues they may have with their housing. They regularly check over housing contracts, advise students their rights regarding deposit schemes and help solve landlord disputes. They also offer specific advice regarding leaving tenancies early and of a tenant’s responsibilities. Students can book an advice appointment via