The University Hardship Fund is called the Access to Learning Fund (ALF). This is a non-repayable grant administered by The University of Worcester to help eligible students who are experiencing financial difficulties. The amount awarded ranges from £100 to £3,500 (however awards over £2,000 are rare.)
In particular help is given to:
- Mature students with other financial commitments
- Final year students
- Disabled students
- Students who are, or have been homeless
- Foyer residents
- Care leavers
- Students from a low-income background
- Students whose financial commitments change unexpectedly after the start of the course
- Students with children, especially lone parents
- Students with high travel expenses and/or course costs
- Student Carers
The fund is administered by the University Money Advice Team who can be contacted via Firstpoint by phoning 01905 542551 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
ALF Application Form
Download a copy of the form to fill in electronically here or get a copy from Firstpoint.
Do you need help filling out the application form?
If you need any help filling it out please get in touch with the SU Advisors or staff at Firstpoint will be able to offer assistance.