To ensure all players are performing at the highest standard and demonstrating Team Worc ethos, a Players' Code of Conduct will be introduced for the 2012 Varsity series.
Anyone playing in the Varsity series must sign the Code of Conduct. Failure to do so will prevent you from playing.
This is a necessary measure to ensure everyone's safety and the Varsity series is a successful one.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
Though Varsity 2012 is a competitive event, it is expected that all players uphold the values of good sportsmanship at all times. All players are representatives of their club, Students’ Union and University and should behave in a manner befitting this status, both before, during and after the Varsity events.
WHAT BEHAVIOUR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED?
• Abusing, threatening or intimidating any Player, spectator, match official, coach or any other participant, whether before, during or after the event.
• Failure to comply with a direction of an event Official
• Showing unnecessary or obvious dissension, displeasure or disapproval towards any person at the event.
• Using crude or abusive language or gestures towards any person present at the event.
• Conducting themselves in any manner, or engage in any activity, whether before, during or after and event that would impair the reputation of their Club, their Student Union, their University or university sport in general.
• Acting in an unlawful manner.
• Alcohol consumption is not permitted at the following events:
- American Football
• Alcohol consumption is only permitted at the Cricket, Rugby & Football events and only in the venue’s designated areas .
• Alcohol is not permitted on any transport to or from Varsity 2012 events
WHAT HAPPENS IF THIS CODE IS BREACHED?
• You will be removed from the venue.
• You will not be allowed to use any Student Union Transport.
• You will not be allowed to attend any Varsity events.
• Any breach will be treated as contravention of the SU disciplinary code and may result in expulsion from the SU.
• The university may charge you a breach of its code of conduct which may result in expulsion from university.